Mission: The Steering Committee is comprised of 11 members that are appointed by the City. These members represent the local business community, citizens at large, City staff, City Council member(s), and area stakeholders. The role of the steering committee is to build consensus and support regarding the Design of High Street. The steering committee will work with city staff, city engineering firm, and other local leaders while engaging the public for input throughout the duration of the project. The steering committee will provide recommendations to the Planning Commission and City Council on the street design and construction schedule.
Term: Until Project Completion
Members: The Mayor shall appoint eleven (11) members representing the residents and businesses of Mineral Point.
- Provide guidance through the entirety of the process
- To advise the consultant in reviewing data in addition to developing and reviewing goals, policies, and draft documents
- Provide comment and input during all project phases and civic engagement meetings and components
- Identify issues and concerns during the project development process, and for the project as a whole
- Encourage community consensus and encourage stakeholder participation during civic engagement events
- Promote awareness, participation, and support the mission of the project
- Represent broad community interests
- Act in an advisory capacity to the Planning Commission and City Council