City Hall has been getting quite a few calls regarding Absentee ballots for the November election. Here are some FAQ’s:
1) How do I request an absentee ballot for the November Election?
2) When can I expect my ballot in the mail?
The deadline for Clerks to mail out Absentee ballots to those who’s request is on file is September 17. If you requested a ballot prior to that date, and don’t have it in the mail by the end of September, please call City Hall at 608-987-2361.
3) How long do I have to request an Absentee?
A voter can request an absentee ballot be mailed to them up until 5:00 p.m. on October 29, 2020.
4) Can I pick up my ballot from City Hall and take it home to avoid any mail delays?
No. Absentee ballots cannot be taken out of City Hall. You may request a ballot be mailed, emailed, or faxed to you. Or, you may vote in-person absentee during the designated voting hours (TBD at a later date).
5) How can I return my absentee ballot?
You can either mail your ballot back to City Hall, or drop it off in person. Ballots can be brought into City Hall, or be placed in our “Utility Payment” drop box located outside of City Hall (in between the two windows by the door).
Please contact City Hall with any more questions!